Are you excited that the Spring Real Estate Market has arrived in Atlanta? I have a few suggestions on how to make your home sparkle for the professional pictures and buyer showings.
1. Take down some of your personal photographs. This can be hard because we see them as necessary to our décor whether you hang them on walls, place them on shelves, pianos, tables etc., however, it’s very distracting for buyers who need to see it as their future home. One or two pictures in each room is ok, but more than that and it is a distraction.
2. Declutter! One person’s stuff is another person’s junk. You may love your knick knacks and think they also add to the warmth and character of your home, but another person will have different taste and again, it distracts them from seeing the real house. Keep it to a minimum.
3. Take non-essential kitchen and bath items off counter-tops. Make surfaces as free of clutter as possible.
4. Keep closets and pantry organized and sparse. Fold towels and place in orderly fashion.
5. Make your house sparkle! Wash windows, vacuum high traffic areas before showings, pressure wash exterior areas that get mildew, clean cobwebs off outside fixtures, re-caulk tubs, showers and sinks, clean the refrigerator, dust the baseboards and stairsand keep the outside lawn mowed and tidy.
There are many more things you can do of course, but those five are a good start and most don’t cost you more than elbow grease! I can’t resist one more---look forward, not backward---it can be a little sad to sell a house, but your true memories reside inside you and with the people you shared your home. On to the next great thing!
As you get your home ready to sell in the Spring Market, call on Mary Beth Lake & Associates to complete a complimentary Comparable Market Analysis for your home. There is a lot of buyer demand in the Buckhead, Atlanta, Marietta and East Cobb Markets, so you need a true Real Estate Professional on your side to help you get to the closing table.